Maine Lobster Bisque
- Online Only
- Vendor Shipped
This silky-smooth bisque strikes the perfect balance of sweet and smoky flavors with its combination of Maine lobster and shrimp simmered in a creamy, white wine base. The expert cooks at Hancock Gourmet use plenty of lobster meat in this preparation, but its flavor is subtle and refined, with just hints of the seaside shining through. Easy to heat and serve, the bisque makes an impressive appetizer for a dinner party. Based in coastal Maine, Hancock Gourmet is a family-run company focused on high-quality seafood specialties prepared with fresh, locally caught Maine shellfish and inspired by family recipes.
- 32 oz. (serve 4-6 as appetizer, 3-4 as entrée).
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- This bisque ships frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands.
- Upon receipt, freeze immediately.
- The bisque will keep unopened in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, and for up to 9 months frozen.
- Thaw the bisque in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- In a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat, warm the bisque, stirring occasionally, until it is steaming and barely simmering at the edges. Do not allow it to boil. Serve immediately.
- Lobster, shrimp, heavy cream, milk, butter (cream, salt), water, white wine (sulfites), modified food starch, sugar, black pepper, paprika, lobster base (cooked lobster, salt, maltodextrin, tomato paste, autolyzed yeast extract, corn syrup solids, salt, citric acid, cod liver oil, butter, dried sweet whey, onion powder, dextrose, oleoresin paprika, flavorings), shrimp base (cooked shrimp, salt, hydrolyzed corn protein, shrimp powder, natural flavor, sugar, clarified butter oil, potato flour, disodium inosinate, soy lecithin, extractive of paprika).
Please allow up to two weeks for processing and delivery of perishable items, which are shipped two-day delivery to ensure freshness. Perishable items are not eligible for rush shipping.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Return Policy.
Rated 2 out of 5 by Lyndaldw from Lobster Bisque Disappointment The texture and taste of the lobster bisque were not nearly in the quality arena of others food items I order at Williams-Sonoma, a company I love. I have been tasting foods from various food shipment companies, and, truthfully, They are all very poor is taste and texture. Simply not good. My son and husband have tasted each dish I have ordered, and they refused to eat after the first, sample bite. These men are not fussy eaters.Date published: 2015-11-23Rated 1 out of 5 by tmckee from save your money I thought it was going to have that mild maine lobster taste and it was so "fishy" tasting that I threw it out after several attempts at eating it. MAYBE, if you didn't know what good lobster bisque taste like, you might be impressed but I was raised in the bay area and I know what it is supposed to taste like and this isn't it! very disappointed!Date published: 2015-11-15Rated 5 out of 5 by Barbs5 from Main Lobster Was very good but it also was very expensive. i would buy again but aloney if it was a little bet cheaper price.Date published: 2015-01-04