Lobster Wellington with Lobster Sauce
A New England seafood classic, lobster wellington makes an impressive entree for a dinner party. This mouthwatering version is hand prepared for you by the lobster experts at Hancock Gourmet in Maine. Succulent chunks of Maine-caught lobster are enveloped in a rich lobster pâté infused with delicate herbs and spices, wrapped inside a light, flaky puff pastry shell. Included is a generous amount of additional lobster sauce to spoon over each wellington just before serving. When you cut into the pastry, a tantalizing aroma fills the room. Based in coastal Maine, Hancock Gourmet is a family-run company focused on high-quality seafood specialties prepared with fresh, locally caught Maine shellfish and inspired by family recipes.
- Set of two 6-oz. servings with 6 oz. lobster sauce, or set or four 6-oz. servings with 12 oz. lobster sauce
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Ships frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands.
- Upon receipt, refrigerate or freeze immediately.
- The lobster Wellington and lobster sauce will keep unopened in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, and for up to 9 months frozen.
- Thaw the Wellingtons and lobster sauce in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- To bake the Wellingtons: Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove packaging and place Wellingtons on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown. Serve immediately. Do not microwave.
- To prepare the lobster sauce: Warm the sauce In a saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Pour over each Wellington for serving.
- Lobster Wellington: Lobster, puff pastry (USDA grade AA butter, unbleached flour, water, salt, lemon juice), celery, onion, garlic, egg white, butter (cream, salt), heavy cream, cream cheese, sour cream, lemon zest, chives, chervil, tarragon, parsley, white pepper, salt.
- Lobster sauce: Cream, whole milk, water, modified food starch, lobster base (cooked lobster, salt, maltodextrin, hydrolyzed corn protein, whey, lobster extract, butter oil, autolyzed yeast extract, tomato paste, onion powder, dehydrated potato flakes, paprika, natural butter flavor, spices, garlic powder, saffron), tomato paste (tomato paste, salt, spices, natural flavors, citric acid), sugar, paprika, black pepper.
Please allow up to two weeks for processing and delivery of perishable items, which are shipped two-day delivery to ensure freshness. Perishable items are not eligible for rush shipping.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Returns Policy.
You May Also Like
- Online Only
- Vendor Shipped
Rated 5 out of 5 by Generazzo from Great Taste I've bought a number of lobster dishes from Williams Sonoma and this one has so far been the best. A lot of lobster under crisp pastry, and the sauce is tasty. Go for it.Date published: 2016-02-12Rated 5 out of 5 by Jilliene from Lovely flavor and texture I actually didn't follow the instructions and cooked without thawing. It was perfect. The pastry was flaky and the lobster was perfect. Will definitely try again at the holidays.Date published: 2015-04-16Rated 1 out of 5 by NSB53 from Was not impressed I love lobster like most people ,so I bought these thinking they would be good. I did not think much of the taste. There was enough lobster meat in them but it lacked flavor. Your better off buying the lobster Mac and cheese. Much betterDate published: 2014-04-27Rated 4 out of 5 by HappyNJ from Simply Wonderful The lobster wellington was wonderful for the holidays. Our family enjoyed every piece of it, there was so much lobster meat it was great and would definitely buy this again from this company.Date published: 2014-01-31Rated 1 out of 5 by Katheleena from Disappointing This product was an embarrassment to serve, and most people ended up eating only a small portion of it, because the taste and quality was so poor. The product, when cooked according to direction, came out crispy on top, as expected, but when served, the bottom crust turned into a soggy mess.. The "lobster" inside the wellington, (because we took it apart to look at it) looked like ground up lobster with only a small 1/4 " piece of lobster found. It also appeared to contain some seafood other than lobster. The total filling in each was proportionally extremely small. The "lobster sauce" that came with it, obviously had so much lemon in it, all we could taste was what seemed like a lemon sauce.Date published: 2013-12-28