This tangy spice powder is made from the ground, berry-like fruits of the sumac bush, which grows wild throughout the Middle East and in parts of the Mediterranean. Notable for its pleasantly fruity, astringent flavor and slightly salty aftertaste, ground sumac complements meat, seafood and vegetables.
- A fruity, reddish-purple spice powder with natural hints of tangy citrus and savory salt.
- A classic Middle Eastern seasoning, sumac also plays a spicy role in North African cooking.
- Use to season marinades or as a rub for grilled beef, lamb or chicken.
- Sprinkle this tangy, refreshing spice over hummus, baba ganouj or fattoush salad.
- This premium, all-natural spice is sourced from Turkey by a family-owned artisanal spice company in Northern California's Napa Valley.
- 1.8 oz.
- Product of Turkey.