A member of the ginger family, cardamom is the fruit of a tall, perennial shrub that is native to southern India but also flourishes in tropical regions around the globe. The seeds, celebrated for their exotic aroma and warm, spicy-sweet flavor, are encapsulated in these fresh, bright green pods.
- Among the world's most precious spices, cardamom is prized for its intense aroma and warm, spicy sweetness.
- Indian cooks rely on cardamom to add classic flavor to curries, fruit dishes and baked goods – it's also a signature ingredient in spicy chai teas.
- Cardamom also plays a flavorful role in German, Russian and Scandinavian cookery, adding sweet spice to cakes, pastries and breads.
- Whole cardamom pods, lightly crushed, can be used to flavor everything from braises and casseroles to marinades and hot mulled wine.
- The fragrant seeds can also be removed from the pod and crushed in a spice grinder.
- These premium, all-natural cardamom pods are sourced from India by a family-owned artisanal spice company in Northern California's Napa Valley.
- 1.3 oz.
- Product of India.