Williams-Sonoma Green Cardamom Pods
A member of the ginger family, cardamom is the fruit of a tall, perennial shrub that is native to southern India but also flourishes in tropical regions around the globe. The seeds, celebrated for their exotic aroma and warm, spicy-sweet flavor, are encapsulated in these fresh, bright green pods.
- Among the world's most precious spices, cardamom is prized for its intense aroma and warm, spicy sweetness.
- Indian cooks rely on cardamom to add classic flavor to curries, fruit dishes and baked goods – it's also a signature ingredient in spicy chai teas.
- Cardamom also plays a flavorful role in German, Russian and Scandinavian cookery, adding sweet spice to cakes, pastries and breads.
- Whole cardamom pods, lightly crushed, can be used to flavor everything from braises and casseroles to marinades and hot mulled wine.
- The fragrant seeds can also be removed from the pod and crushed in a spice grinder.
- These premium, all-natural cardamom pods are sourced from India by a family-owned artisanal spice company in Northern California's Napa Valley.
- 1.3 oz.
- Product of India.
- Green cardamom pods.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders recieved by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.