Ancient Greeks believed oregano was created by the goddess Aphrodite as a symbol of happiness. Today, many modern cooks feel the same way. Throughout the Mediterranean and beyond, aromatic oregano leaves are a favorite way to add intense herbal flavor to all sorts of rustic dishes.
- Our fragrant dried oregano has a warm, slightly bitter flavor that's especially well-suited to Mediterranean-style cooking.
- Use oregano leaves in everything from soups, stews and casseroles to stuffings and sauces.
- Oregano was used to flavor the original pizzas created by bread bakers in Naples, who topped their dough with oregano leaves and peppery tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle oregano leaves over a traditional Greek salad – their herbal character is a perfect complement to the bright dressing, briny olives and tangy cheese.
- Add oregano to marinades for your favorite meats – it's especially good with grilled lamb.
- This premium, all-natural herb is sourced from around the world and expertly blended by a family-owned artisanal spice company in California's Napa Valley.
- 0.6 oz.
- Made in the USA of imported ingredients.