A Louis XV classic lent this chair its shape and delicate details, from the cabriole legs and floral carvings to the graceful camel back and allover upholstery. We updated it with a deep, generously cushioned seat for sink-in comfort.
- Overall: 30"W x 32"D x 37"H
- Handcrafted by master furniture builders.
- Frame crafted of kiln-dried sustainably harvested hardwood.
- Reinforced with double-dowels and corner blocks.
- 8-way hand-tied springs in seat and sinuous steel springs in back.
- Seat cushions have high-resiliency foam cores with up to 10% soy-based materials, wrapped in our premium down blend.
- Solid hardwood apron and legs finished in gray and hand distressed.
- Double piping highlights the classic lines.
- Made to order in white classic linen, flax classic linen or natural muslin.
- 6-8 week in-home delivery with White Glove service.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Overall: 30"W x 32"D x 37"H
- Seat width: 21"
- Seat depth: 20"
- Seat height : 19"
- Seat back height: 37"
- Arms: 5"W x 24"H
- Legs: 2"W
- Bottom of chair to floor: 8"H
- Weight: 35 lb.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
Create your own custom-upholstered furniture using the fabric of your choice. For more details, please call 1.888.922.4108.
Furniture upholstered in mohair will not have welting (piping) or topstitching.
- Brush or vacuum regularly (use a nonmetallic stiff-bristle brush).
- Protect from direct sunlight to prevent fading.
- Dab spills immediately with a soft white cloth dampened with distilled water (not tap water). Test fabric cleaners first in an inconspicuous area. Do not saturate fabric with cleaner. Pat instead of rub to avoid altering texture. Clean stain from outer edge to prevent “circling.”
- Thorough cleaning is recommended every 12 to 24 months. Do not wait for severe soiling. We recommend a professional in-home upholstery cleaning service.
- Do not remove cushion casings for cleaning. Unlike slipcovers, upholstered casings are not meant to be removed.
- Never use detergents, polishes, preservers or saddle soap. They can remove natural oils.
- Dust or vacuum for routine maintenance.
- Do not place in direct sunlight; it will lighten or discolor leather over time.
- Dab spills immediately with a soft white cloth dampened in distilled water (not tap water). If spill penetrates leather, use lukewarm distilled water and a soft white cloth to massage stain and surrounding area. Blot with a dry cloth and allow leather to air dry.
- Most surface scratches will fade over time if you rub them with your fingertips. Friction and heat from rubbing helps to redistribute wax in surrounding areas to cover the scratch. Not all scratches have the same depth, and this may not work on deeper scratches.
Composition & Construction
- Our leather upholstered products are constructed from aniline leather. Only the top 5% of hides can be made into aniline leather, making it the finest available. The full-grain or top-grain leathers are soaked in transparent nontoxic dye, with no subsequent pigmented finish coats applied. Dye penetrates the hides, letting the natural grain show through. Our ivory leather, white pebbled leather and white faux ostrich are exceptions to this process; they are semi-aniline dyed, with a layer of pigment applied afterwards.
- Anilines have natural markings that vary from hide to hide. They also have color variations due to the leather’s ability to accept dyes differently in various areas of a hide. Markings and shading distinguish genuine leather from man-made materials. Appreciating shade differences among hides also means appreciating them on individual furniture pieces, because no two pieces can be produced from a single hide.
- Our leathers appeal to customers who find the natural color variations, markings and patina of pure aniline leathers unique and beautiful. They may not appeal to customers who want uniform color and surface commonly seen on less expensive leathers that are heavily corrected and pigmented.
All custom upholstery items will be shipped directly from the manufacturer and are not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow six to eight weeks for delivery. Item arrives fully assembled and in one piece by our in-home White-Glove Delivery service. For White Glove items, we'll call you in advance to schedule a delivery time, then bring the item into your home, unpack and inspect it, perform simple assembly and dispose of all packaging material. Complete beds will be set up; headboards only will be unpacked, but not attached to existing bed frames.) Delivery is by appointment, Monday – Saturday; our delivery service will call to arrange a day. Available in the 48 contiguous states. Please call 888.922.4108 for additional assistance.
The charge for all shipping is included in the flat-rate delivery fee listed below the item's price.
Our products are designed with your comfort and style in mind. Made-to-order items (as marked) are not returnable but may be cancelled only within 24 hours of order placement. We cannot accept cancellations or returns on monogrammed items. Should your item arrive damaged or with a defect, please contact us at 888.922.4108 within 7 days so that we may arrange for a replacement. Frames and springs are warranted to be free of manufacturing defects for the product’s life, subject to the following conditions: warranty applies only to original owner and normal residential use. Defects resulting from negligence, abuse or use in a commercial, hospitality or other non-residential setting are not covered. For warranty service, call 888.922.4108.
- Request Swatches
Click here to request a swatch. There is no fee or shipping charge for swatch requests. You can expect to receive your swatches within seven to ten business days.