Global Sai 7-Piece Knife Block Set
Legendary industrial designer Komin Yamada brings a new age of innovation to Global cutlery with Sai—individually hand-hammered knives with one-of-a-kind character. Unifying function and design, these distinctive Japanese knives combine revolutionary ergonomic handles with triple-layered steel blades that maintain their exceptionally sharp edges. In this set, we've hand-selected six of the most useful knives for everyday cooking and entertaining, along with a companion storage block.
- The first new cutlery line produced by Global in more than 30 years, Sai blends the Japanese company’s tradition of craftsmanship with modern technological advancements.
- Designer Komin Yamada pairs user-friendly organic designs with individually hand-hammered blades that make each knife unique.
- The knives combine three layers of steel: a core of patented, ultra-hard Cromova 18 Sanso stainless-steel alloy and two outer layers of more flexible 18/8 steel for added strength and resistance to rust.
- Professional-quality blades are ice-hardened and tempered to increase hardness, resist corrosion and maintain long-lasting sharpness.
- Each blade is hand-hammered to create hollow air pockets that reduce drag, allowing the blade to glide through food without sticking.
- 12.5-degree blade edge is mirror-polished by hand for exceptionally long-lasting sharpness.
- The perfectly balanced handle has an ergonomic thumb rest for a smooth, efficient cutting motion and steady, comfortable grip.
- Iconic dots on the knife's hollow handle represent seven traditional Japanese virtues from the Samurai code of honor.
- Stainless-steel storage block's angled design helps protect the blades, and its nonslip rubber base anchors the block securely on a countertop.
- Block has slots for 13 knives and a honing steel.
- Made in Japan.
- A Williams Sonoma exclusive.
7-Piece Set includes:
- 3 1/2" paring knife.
- 6 3/4" sandwich knife.
- 5 1/2" chef's knife.
- 8" carving knife.
- 7 1/2" vegetable knife.
- 9" bread knife.
- 14-slot Storage block.
- Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Paring Knife: 3 1/2"-long blade; 4 3/4"-long handle; 3 oz.
- Sandwich Knife: 6 3/4"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 5.25 oz.
- Chef's Knife: 5 1/2"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 5 oz.
- Carving Knife: 8 1/4"-long blade; 6"-long handle; 8.5 oz.
- Vegetable Knife: 7 1/2"-long blade; 6"-long handle; 9 oz.
- Bread Knife: 9"-long blade; 6"-long handle; 8.25 oz.
- 14-slot Storage block: 12" x 5 1/2" x 12 3/4"high.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone
- or frozen food, as the blade can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Use the honing steel only when you feel the knife has lost some of its original sharpness, usually no sooner than six months after its first use. As you continue to use your Global knife, it will require more frequent honing. If you need to hone your knife more than once every two weeks, it is time to have it sharpened.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sellars from Best Knives I've ever owned These knives have been the best knives I have ever owned. They are a little pricey, but if you find them on sale get them. I sharpened my knives as soon as I got them home and with use of a steel before every use, I have not had to sharpen them yet and it has been close to a year. Plus they were a joy to sharpen. I only have 2 recommendations that are all just personal preferences: 1. That you purchase a good "steel" and learn how to use it, and be sure it is a "steel" and not one of those "sharpening steels" that are made of ceramic or diamond honing 2. Get these knives professional sharpened with someone that uses bench hones (finishing on 6,000 to 30,000 grit hones) and not wheels. Though this will take more time and money you will get the best sharpest edge out of your knives I am definitely satisfied!Date published: 2016-12-13Rated 5 out of 5 by FrednKathy from Sharp and well made! Read all the reviews before buying this set and it is well worth the coin! Super sharp and very well made. Get a set today!Date published: 2015-06-12Rated 5 out of 5 by CookingatHomeDad from Great knives Great knives. Excessively sharp. Beautiful design. No problems and very happy with this purchase. highly recommended. Only problem was a flimsy, cheap, poorly designed knife block. Replaced with a better after market version.Date published: 2015-02-18