Global Sai 4-Piece Steak Knife Set
Legendary industrial designer Komin Yamada brings a new age of innovation to Global cutlery with Sai – individually hand-hammered steak knives with one-of-a-kind character. Unifying function and design, these distinctive Japanese knives combine ergonomic handles with triple-layered steel blades, finished with razor-sharp edges that elegantly and efficiently slice through everything from filet mignon to thick-cut pork chops.
- Set includes four steak knives in a case for presentation and storage.
- The first new cutlery line produced by Global in more than 30 years, Sai blends the Japanese company's tradition of craftsmanship with modern technological advancements.
- Designer Komin Yamada pairs a user-friendly organic design with an individually hand-hammered blade that makes each knife unique.
- The knives combine three layers of steel: a core of patented, ultra-hard Cromova 18 Sanso stainless-steel alloy and two outer layers of more flexible 18/8 steel for added strength and resistance to rust.
- Professional-quality blades are ice-hardened and tempered to increase hardness, resist corrosion and maintain long-lasting sharpness.
- Each blade is hand-hammered to create hollow air pockets that reduce drag, allowing the blade to glide through food without sticking.
- 12.5 degree blade edge is mirror-polished by hand for exceptionally long-lasting sharpness.
- The perfectly balanced handles have an ergonomic thumb rest for a smooth, efficient cutting motion and steady, comfortable grip.
- Iconic dots on each knife's hollow handle represent seven traditional Japanese virtues from the Samurai code of honor.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 4 1/2"-long blade.
- 5 1/2"-long handle.
- 6.4 oz.
- Made in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone or frozen food, as the blade can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.