Global Classic Honing Steel
A good honing steel is essential for keeping knives sharp and at the ready. While most steels can only hone a knife blade, this tool can also gently sharpen it. The key to its impressive performance is the oval shape of the ceramic rod, which optimizes efficiency by exposing more surface area than typical cylindrical steels.
- Maintains the razor-sharp edge of most knife blades between sharpenings; do not use on serrated or scalloped blades.
- Stainless-steel handle is seamlessly constructed and textured for a good grip.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 14 1/2” long overall.
- Made in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Use with straight-edged knives only; not for use with serrated blades.
- Steel length should measure at least as long as the knife being honed.
- Hone knife before each use to maintain the sharpest edge.
- To properly hone the knife, hold it at a 20-degree angle and draw the blade across the steel. Never stroke the same side of blade more than once in succession.
- Should metal filings accumulate on the steel, remove them with a damp cloth.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
- Gift with Purchase
Rated 5 out of 5 by GenghisFlan from Great honing steel for japanese knifes Since ceramic takes far less molecular steel particles off of the blade than regular steel honers do, this is a key investment to prolong the life of your treasured knifes. Additionally, this is cheaper than the Shun equivalent and does the same, if not better job. The ergonomic handle with rubber grip-dots is also an understated plus. THE ONLY DOWNSIDE: Because it is made of ceramic, dropping it will result in severe cracking.Date published: 2012-05-09