Global Classic Honing Steel
A good honing steel is essential for keeping knives sharp and at the ready. While most steels can only hone a knife blade, this tool can also gently sharpen it. The key to its impressive performance is the oval shape of the ceramic rod, which optimizes efficiency by exposing more surface area than typical cylindrical steels.
- Maintains the razor-sharp edge of most knife blades between sharpenings; do not use on serrated or scalloped blades.
- Stainless-steel handle is seamlessly constructed and textured for a good grip.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 14 1/2” long overall.
- Made in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Use with straight-edged knives only; not for use with serrated blades.
- Steel length should measure at least as long as the knife being honed.
- Hone knife before each use to maintain the sharpest edge.
- To properly hone the knife, hold it at a 20-degree angle and draw the blade across the steel. Never stroke the same side of blade more than once in succession.
- Should metal filings accumulate on the steel, remove them with a damp cloth.