Global Classic 7" Hollow-Ground Santoku
Global's award-winning knives are made to the exacting standards of Japanese professional chefs. A versatile knife for chopping and slicing, the santoku combines the benefits of a cleaver and a chef's knife. Indentations on the blade edge reduce drag and minimize sticking.
- Blade is hand forged of exceptionally hard Cromova 18 high-carbon stainless steel, ice tempered and hardened to resist corrosion.
- Prominent 1/4" edge is visible to the naked eye and ground straight to a point rather than beveled resulting in impressive sharpness and edge retention.
- Hollow-ground indentations along the blade increase efficiency and decrease sticking.
- Stainless-steel handle is seamlessly constructed and textured for a good grip.
- Crafted to professional standards, this knife is lightweight yet perfectly balanced.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 7"-long blade.
- 4 1/2"-long handle.
- 5.3 oz.
- Made in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone or frozen food, as the blade can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Use the honing steel only when you feel the knife has lost some of its original sharpness, usually no sooner than six months after its first use. As you continue to use your Global knife, it will require more frequent honing. If you need to hone your knife more than once every two weeks, it is time to have it sharpened.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
Orders recieved by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
To help with holiday gift giving, we are extending our return policy between 10/30/2014 and 12/24/2014. If you or a recipient are not satisfied with a gift purchased during this time, present a gift or original receipt by 1/31/2015.