Global Classic Hollow-Ground Santoku, 7"
Global's award-winning knives are made to the exacting standards of Japanese professional chefs. A versatile knife for chopping and slicing, the santoku combines the benefits of a cleaver and a chef's knife. Indentations on the blade edge reduce drag and minimize sticking.
- Stamped blade is made of exceptionally hard Cromova 18 high-carbon stainless steel, ice tempered and hardened to resist corrosion.
- Prominent 1/4" edge is visible to the naked eye and ground straight to a point rather than beveled resulting in impressive sharpness and edge retention.
- Hollow-ground indentations along the blade increase efficiency and decrease sticking.
- Stainless-steel handle is seamlessly constructed and textured for a good grip.
- Crafted to professional standards, this knife is lightweight yet perfectly balanced.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 7"-long blade.
- 4 1/2"-long handle.
- 5.3 oz.
- Made in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone or frozen food, as the blade can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Use the honing steel only when you feel the knife has lost some of its original sharpness, usually no sooner than six months after its first use. As you continue to use your Global knife, it will require more frequent honing. If you need to hone your knife more than once every two weeks, it is time to have it sharpened.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by NSimon from My favorite knife This is the knife I use for almost everything. It's versatile and the perfect size for almost any job. Global is the best. If you only have one good knife, this is the one to have. I've had this knife for years - this last purchase was for a gift. Sharing the love!Date published: 2015-01-18Rated 5 out of 5 by Suzin from Sharp in more ways than one! This knife is beautiful to look at and a dream to use. I used to use an 8" and 10" Chefs knife for all my chopping, slicing and dicing NO LONGER! This is my go to knife for everything. So comfortable and less dangerous than a cumbersome Chefs knife. My daughter bought me mine. I bought this one as a House Warming Gift. The recipient agrees with my opinion and this is now his "GO to Knife" I fully recommend this knife.Date published: 2013-09-22