Global Classic 7" Hollow Ground Vegetable Knife
Made to the exacting standards of Japanese professional chefs, Global's award-winning knives are an excellent choice for the discerning home cook. Designed with an extra-wide blade, this vegetable knife is ideal for efficient chopping, dicing and slicing.
- Stamped blade is made of exceptionally hard Cromova 18 high-carbon stainless steel, ice tempered and hardened to resist corrosion.
- Prominent 1/4" edge is visible to the naked eye and ground straight to a point rather than beveled resulting in impressive sharpness and edge retention.
- Stainless-steel handle is seamlessly constructed and textured for a good grip.
- Crafted to professional standards, this knife is lightweight yet perfectly balanced.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 7” long blade.
- Made in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone or frozen food, as the blade can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Use the honing steel only when you feel the knife has lost some of its original sharpness, usually no sooner than six months after its first use. As you continue to use your Global knife, it will require more frequent honing. If you need to hone your knife more than once every two weeks, it is time to have it sharpened.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by fibi from Very useful and versatile knife This is a very convenient knife for anyone with medium size hands who like a well balanced piece of cutlery. Has a nice weight that really helps controlling the knife w/o any fatigue. Very versatile for chopping, slicing and any other knife work. Can be used with the rocking motion and up and down motion. Globals' quality is superb as always, and the blade is extremely sharp OOTB.Date published: 2015-09-14Rated 5 out of 5 by HappyMomDJD from Great every day knife Very light, well balanced, easy to transfer chopped item from the cutting board. Best for veggie/fruit, soft food. not designed for frozen/hard food item.Date published: 2015-08-13Rated 5 out of 5 by CaliTexan from Superb Knife! Love this knife! Excellent balance,sharp blade and comfortable handle. The one piece construction makes for a more sanitary knife as you do not have to worry about bacteria hiding out in crevices when the handle and tang start to separate in traditional knife handles. As a vegan I was looking for a knife that could stand up to dense veggies and still mince soft herbs, all without the sharp tip of a chef's knife. I found it in the Global Hollow Ground Vegetable Knife.Date published: 2014-09-17