Global Classic 6” Serrated Utility Knife
Made to the exacting standards of Japanese professional chefs, Global's award-winning knives are an excellent choice for the discerning home cook. Use this general-purpose knife for small tasks, such as slicing fruits and vegetables or portioning sandwiches. Serrations in the blade make it especially useful for cutting foods with firm exteriors and soft interiors – from crusty bread and sausage to citrus fruits and tomatoes.
- Stamped blade is made of exceptionally hard Cromova 18 high-carbon stainless steel, ice tempered and hardened to resist corrosion.
- Prominent 1/4" edge is visible to the naked eye and ground straight to a point rather than beveled resulting in impressive sharpness and edge retention.
- Stainless-steel handle is seamlessly constructed and textured for a good grip.
- Crafted to professional standards, this knife is lightweight yet perfectly balanced.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 6" long blade.
- Made in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone or frozen food, as the blade can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a sharpener designed for a serrated blade, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Courtclerk from Outstanding I really like the feel of this knife in my hand. It cuts through the bread without tearing it and it is just an amazing knife.Date published: 2017-02-02Rated 5 out of 5 by jbrs from my favorite knife this is the favorite knife I have ever had. I liked it so much I bought one for each of my children. unfortunately it is on back order and will not be delivered until septemberDate published: 2015-06-24Rated 5 out of 5 by CDAhappycooker from Love this knife This is the latest addition to my set of Global knives. I frequently need a smaller knife with a serrated blade. Like all the other Global knives I use, this one is super sharp and fits my hand perfectly. Another winner from Global.Date published: 2014-09-13Rated 5 out of 5 by SteveP2001 from Best Tip design Utility The Wüsthof utility knife, critical in breakfast prep and lunch sandwich de-crusting, disappeared and needed to be replaced asap. The weakness with that knife was that the serrations started too far back, forcing the tip to do most of the work making it less than ideal for de-crusting. My knives of choice are the Shun Fuji and I was planning on buying the Fuji utility. But with my wife being the primary user of this knife I was worried that it was a little too sharp and the tip a little fragile for her style based on the reviews. After closely reviewing the full WS utility selection, the Global made the most sense for the intended uses. The Global has passed the grueling morning routine. The serrations starting close to the tip make it the superior crust cutter. The large handle provides a solid grip yet is surprisingly well balanced and light weight. It's a has a nice sharp Japanese edge and handles well. It has won my wife's seal of approval.Date published: 2013-03-15