Global Classic 6 1/4" Flexible Boning Knife
Made to the exacting standards of Japanese professional chefs, Global's award-winning knives are an excellent choice for the discerning home cook. When it comes to filleting fish, this fine Asian knife is in a class of its own. The flexible blade slides easily between the bones and delicate flesh, allowing you to remove even large fillets in pristine condition.
- Stamped blade is made of exceptionally hard Cromova 18 high-carbon stainless steel, ice tempered and hardened to resist corrosion.
- Prominent 1/4" edge is visible to the naked eye and ground straight to a point rather than beveled resulting in impressive sharpness and edge retention.
- Stainless-steel handle is seamlessly constructed and textured for a good grip.
- Crafted to professional standards, this knife is lightweight yet perfectly balanced.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 6 1/4” long blade.
- Made in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone or frozen food, as the blade can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Use the honing steel only when you feel the knife has lost some of its original sharpness, usually no sooner than six months after its first use. As you continue to use your Global knife, it will require more frequent honing. If you need to hone your knife more than once every two weeks, it is time to have it sharpened.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by LemonLover9 from Great Knife for Boning I recently had to bone a whole salmon and was looking for a knife that would easily accomplish this task; not ever having boned a salmon before. This knife was great; extremely sharp and I love the fact that it is flexible.Date published: 2013-09-23