Global Classic 3-Piece Knife Starter Set
- Online Only
Professional cooks worldwide praise Global cutlery for its perfect balance, light weight and seamless construction. The knives are forged by hand in Japan, using stainless steel that is hardened in a process inspired by the crafting of ancient samurai swords.
- Set includes a 3 1/2" paring knife, a 5 1/4" utility knife and a 7" hollow-ground santoku.
- Blades are made of exceptionally hard Cromova 18 high-carbon stainless steel, ice tempered and hardened to resist corrosion.
- Prominent 1/4" edges are visible to the naked eye and ground straight to a point rather than beveled, resulting in impressive sharpness and edge retention.
- Crafted to professional standards, these knives are lightweight yet perfectly balanced.
- Stainless-steel handles are seamlessly constructed and textured for a good grip.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2" paring knife: 3 1/2"-long blade; 3 3/4"-long handle; 2.2 oz.
- 5 1/4" utility knife: 5 1/4"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 5.1 oz.
- 7" hollow-ground santoku: 7"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 5.3 oz.
- Made in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone or frozen food, as the blade can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Use the honing steel only when you feel the knife has lost some of its original sharpness, usually no sooner than six months after its first use. As you continue to use your Global knife, it will require more frequent honing. If you need to hone your knife more than once every two weeks, it is time to have it sharpened.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery