Global Classic 10-Piece Knife Block Set
An excellent choice for the discerning home cook, this sleek award-winning cutlery from Japan is carefully balanced for exceptional precision, control and comfort. Our ten-piece set is indispensable for a host of tasks, from peeling vegetables to slicing meat.
- Stamped blades are made from exceptionally hard Cromova 18 high-carbon stainless steel, ice tempered and hardened to resist corrosion.
- Prominent 1/4" edges are visible to the naked eye and ground straight to a point rather than beveled resulting in impressive sharpness and edge retention.
- Stainless-steel handles are seamlessly constructed and textured for a good grip.
- Crafted to professional standards, these knives are lightweight yet perfectly balanced.
- Stainless-steel storage block's angled design helps protect the blades, and its nonslip rubber base anchors the block securely on a countertop.
- Block has slots for ten knives and a honing steel.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
10-Piece Set includes:
- 3 1/2" and 4" paring knives.
- 5 1/4" chef's utility knife.
- 6" serrated utility knife.
- 7" hollow-ground santoku.
- 8" chef's knife.
- 8 1/4" carving knife.
- 8 3/4" bread knife.
- 10" diamond honing steel.
- 11-slot storage block.
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2" paring knife: 3 1/2"-long blade; 3 3/4"-long handle; 2.2 oz.
- 4" paring knife: 4"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 5.1 oz.
- 5 1/4" chef's utility knife: 5 1/4"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 3.7 oz.
- 6" serrated utility knife: 6"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 3.7 oz.
- 7" hollow-ground santoku: 7"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 5.3 oz.
- 8" chef's knife: 8"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 5.5 oz.
- 8 1/4" carving knife: 8 1/4"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 5.7 oz.
- 8 3/4" bread knife: 8 3/4"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 5.5 oz.
- Honing steel: 10"-long rod; 5"-long handle; 11.5 oz.
- Storage block: 5 1/4" x 10" x 11" high.
- Made in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone or frozen food, as the blade can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Use the honing steel only when you feel the knife has lost some of its original sharpness, usually no sooner than six months after its first use. As you continue to use your Global knife, it will require more frequent honing. If you need to hone your knife more than once every two weeks, it is time to have it sharpened.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.