Need Help? Call 877.812.6235
Kouignettes, Set of 24
- Online Only
This luscious little dessert is the petite cousin of the kouign amann—a classic "butter cake" from pastry chef Jean Yves Charon's native Brittany. Each combines layers of puff pastry to create a decadent treat with a sweet, buttery center and crisp caramelized sugar coating. Handcrafted in Northern California, the kouignettes are easy to prepare—simply let them rise overnight, then bake and serve. They emerge from the oven with crunchy, sugar-speckled exteriors, tender interiors and an irresistible buttery aroma.
- 24 pastries (2 lb. 4 oz.).
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in USA.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Use & Care
- The kouignettes were shipped frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt, store the kouignettes in the freezer where it will keep, unopened, up to one month frozen. Once completely thawed, we do not recommend refreezing the kouignettes.
- Generously spray 12 standard muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Place 1 kouignette in each well and cover the pan with a sheet of parchment paper. Let the kouignettes rise at room temperature until doubled in size, at least 7 hours or up to 12 hours.
- Preheat an oven to 375°F.
- Remove the top sheet of parchment paper. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake until the kouignettes are puffed and dark golden brown, about 18 minutes, rotating the pan 180 degrees halfway through baking. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool for 1 minute, then invert the kouignettes onto the rack. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Enriched flour (wheat flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid, enzyme, ascorbic acid [dough conditioner]), butter, sugar, water, yeast, salt, dough conditioner (wheat flour, malted barley flour, ascorbic acid, enzymes).
Please allow up to two weeks for processing and delivery of perishable items, which are shipped two-day delivery to ensure freshness. Perishable items are not eligible for rush shipping.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Return Policy.