Kouignettes, Set of 24
- Online Only
This luscious little dessert is the petite cousin of the kouign amann—a classic "butter cake" from pastry chef Jean Yves Charon's native Brittany. Each combines layers of puff pastry to create a decadent treat with a sweet, buttery center and crisp caramelized sugar coating. Handcrafted in Northern California, the kouignettes are easy to prepare—simply let them rise overnight, then bake and serve. They emerge from the oven with crunchy, sugar-speckled exteriors, tender interiors and an irresistible buttery aroma.
- 24 pastries (2 lb. 4 oz.).
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in USA.
- A Williams Sonoma exclusive.
- Use & Care
- The kouignettes were shipped frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt, store the kouignettes in the freezer where it will keep, unopened, up to one month frozen. Once completely thawed, we do not recommend refreezing the kouignettes.
- Generously spray 12 standard muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Place 1 kouignette in each well and cover the pan with a sheet of parchment paper. Let the kouignettes rise at room temperature until doubled in size, at least 7 hours or up to 12 hours.
- Preheat an oven to 375°F.
- Remove the top sheet of parchment paper. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake until the kouignettes are puffed and dark golden brown, about 18 minutes, rotating the pan 180 degrees halfway through baking. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool for 1 minute, then invert the kouignettes onto the rack. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Enriched flour (wheat flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid, enzyme, ascorbic acid [dough conditioner]), butter, sugar, water, yeast, salt, dough conditioner (wheat flour, malted barley flour, ascorbic acid, enzymes).
Please allow up to two weeks for processing and delivery of perishable items, which are shipped two-day delivery to ensure freshness. Perishable items are not eligible for rush shipping.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Return Policy.
Rated 4 out of 5 by PuddingGirl from Yummy buns Product arrived in good condition - well packed. Very handy to have in the freezer. These puffed up very nicely overnight. Once baked they were crusty on the outside and nicely chewy and soft in the inside. Very slightly greasy but still good.Date published: 2016-01-15Rated 2 out of 5 by yellowlab1970 from Will not purchase again... Same issue as many other reviews: a mess with the syrup and the sugar was nonexistent in the end. Also, the instructions say bake at 375 for 18 minutes. I tried that with one dozen and it was NOT good. I continued baking for longer but the inside just didn't bake as it should have. I baked the second dozen at 325 for 40 minutes and it was better, but I think I'll just go back to getting the croissants. The kouignettes aren't so special after all. Will not buy again. Did not appreciate those bad instructions, WS!Date published: 2016-01-02Rated 2 out of 5 by LoriSF from not as expected On the plus side these were easy to prepare. The con is that when the frozen box was opened, there was unexpectedly a sticky liquid in the bottom. These had never been thawed, but somehow the buttery sweet coating was not actually in the pastry. They came out plain, and we were disappointed. The other item we received was great.Date published: 2015-12-25Rated 3 out of 5 by psail from Not as expected We have ordered several yummy pastries from WS, and this is the first that wasn't just perfect. Yes, the pastries is lovely, flaky and delicious and arrived on time still frozen. But when I took the plastic wrap off the box it was covered with a sticky sugar syrup. It had leaked out of the box, and made a sticky mess in our freezer. Consequently there is no yummy, stickiness or sugar crystals on the kouignettes. They are simply buttery croissants. Given that the pastries were never thawed I'm not sure why the sugar was still liquid and not frozen to the pastries. Just average due to the sugar syrup issue.Date published: 2015-12-05Rated 5 out of 5 by sudeme from Perfect Item Fantastic, love everything about this product. Would give as a gift.Date published: 2015-07-08Rated 5 out of 5 by Phelpst from Our new favorite!! We usually get the chocolate croissants but this time I decided to give these a shot. They are amazing! Perfect combination of light and sweet with that wonderful buttery croissant flavor. Nice medium size too.Date published: 2015-06-28Rated 5 out of 5 by superblonde from MMMMM...YOU'RE GONNA LOVE THESE! These are so good! Try either the full size or these cute minis - you will fall in love! There is no other make at home pastry that compares to these gems. These are a perfect complement to the Williams-Sonoma croissants.Date published: 2015-06-21Rated 5 out of 5 by Karenmcklim from Yummay Breakfast Treats! My whole family enjoyed these. They are light and flaky plus just enough sweet. I will be ordering these again.Date published: 2015-05-30