French Onion Soup Starter
French onion soup achieved culinary renown in the 19th-century Paris market district of Les Halles, where market workers and local revelers would congregate at neighborhood bistros for a late-night supper. Served under a golden topping of croutons and melted cheese, this iconic French dish has become a favorite around the world.
- Our all natural starter combines caramelized yellow onions, premium beef stock, seasoned with hearty red wine, fresh thyme and a splash of fine brandy.
- Simmered hours to develop its deep, complex flavor.
- Preparation is simple – just combine the premium starter with beef broth, simmer and serve.
- 2 lbs.
- Made in USA.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.View Shipping Options and Charges.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. If, within 90 days, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, please return the item for an exchange or refund of the merchandise value. View Full Return Policy.
- Dark caramelized onions, water, burgundy cooking wine (burgundy wine, salt, sorbate, sulfites), beef base (beef, salt, maltodextrin from corn, sugar, yeast extract, onion powder, caramel color, vegetable oil, natural flavoring), salted French brandy, caramelized onion juice concentrate, red wine vinegar, thyme, black pepper.