Our European cheese collections take you on a journey through the taste and tradition of cheese-making in Italy, France, Spain and England, showcasing each country’s unique terroir and distinctive flavor profile, from luscious triple-crèmes and pungent blues to complex aged cheddars. Each monthly delivery offers a generous taste of celebrated regional favorites.
- Wine-pairing and serving suggestions accompany each shipment.
- Approx. 6 lb. 6 oz. cheese total.
- Shipped chilled.
Month 1 (December 10–20, 2013)
Italian Cheese Collection
- Robiola: In its many varied forms, robiola, from the Langhe area of Piedmont, is a deep-rooted and beloved regional tradition. This version blends cow’s milk with rich sheep's milk, each adding its own distinct characteristics for a lush, supple cheese with layers of flavors ranging from fresh cream, yeasts, grasses, butter and barnyard hay. 8.8 oz.
- Brunet: A dense, cake-like, creamy pasteurized goat’s milk cheese from Piedmont, featuring a bloomy rind and a robust, milky flavor that make it a great match for sparkling wines. 8 oz.
- Pecorino di Rocca: This Tuscan sheep’s milk cheese has a slightly grassy aroma, a sweet, nutty flavor, and a firm yet moist, crumbly texture. 12 oz.
Month 2 (January 7–17, 2014)
French Cheese Collection
- Cremeux de Citeaux: A triple-crème cow’s milk cheese featuring an incredibly creamy, thick consistency, this buttery beauty has a bouquet of toasted nuts, mushrooms and truffles. 7 oz.
- Fourme d’Ambert: This milky, dense, pasteurized cow’s milk blue cheese is laced with seductive notes of heavy cream. 8 oz.
- Jeune Autize: A raw washed-rind goat’s milk cheese made in small batches by a single farmer. Earthy and pungent, it has a dense, supple texture and mild, buttery flavor with hints of goat's milk and lemon. 8 oz.
Month 3 (February 4–14, 2014)
Spanish Cheese Collection
- Farmstead Manchego: Made with the raw milk of La Mancha sheep—as Spanish law dictates for Manchego—this cheese is aged for six months and has a wonderfully flaky texture and a buttery, nutty aroma; its taste is of olives, hazelnuts and herbs. 8 oz.
- Odre: From famous Spanish cheesemaker Josep Cuixart, this bloomy-rind sheep’s milk cheese is reminiscent of Camembert, with a mild, buttery aroma, semisoft texture and sweet, milky flavor. 10.6 oz.
- Nevat: A goat’s milk cheese with a bloomy rind, a slightly crumbly texture and a bright, pleasantly tart flavor profile. 7.5 oz.
Month 4 (March 4–14, 2014)
Quicke’s Traditional Cheddar Collection, Devon, England
- Raw Milk Cheddar: From cheesemaker Mary Quicke, this cloth-bound cheddar is crafted with unpasteurized milk from her pasture-grazed herd, which adds sharp complexity to its balanced, creamy flavors. 8 oz.
- Oak-Smoked Cheddar: This clothbound cheddar is matured for a year, then cold-smoked for 18 hours over oak chips derived from trees on Quicke’s estate, producing very subtle smoky, creamy flavors. 8 oz.
- Vintage Cheddar: A gold-medal winner at the British Cheese Awards, this small-batch cloth-bound farmstead cheddar is matured for over two years, yielding a firm texture and complex creamy, buttery flavor. 8 oz.