Forschner by Victorinox Honing Steel
Preferred by culinary professionals worldwide, this commercial-quality Swiss honing steel is essential for keeping your knives in top condition. The honing surface features two different textures, making this steel appropriate for use with a variety of knives.
- Maintains the razor-sharp edge of most standard knife blades (not for use on serrated or scalloped blades).
- Fine-cut and polished surfaces make this tool ideal for honing different types of knives, including those with fine-edge blades (which are ground at a lower angle).
- High-carbon steel resists stains and corrosion.
- Sturdy, lightweight Fibrox handle is textured for a secure, nonslip grip.
- Made in Switzerland by Victorinox, manufacturers of the original Swiss Army knives.
- This NSF-certified tool meets the high-level hygiene standards for commercial kitchens.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 12" blade.
- 5 1/4" handle.
- 12.8 oz.
- Made in Switzerland.
- Use & Care
- Use with straight-edged knives only; not for use with serrated blades.
- Steel length should measure at least as long as the knife being honed.
- Line up the knife with the guide and make a few light strokes on each side of the blade.
- Depending on how often you use your knives, you may wish to hone once a week.
- Should metal filings accumulate on the steel, remove them with a damp cloth.
Next Day Delivery