Forschner by Victorinox Honing Steel
Preferred by culinary professionals worldwide, this commercial-quality Swiss honing steel is essential for keeping your knives in top condition. The honing surface features two different textures, making this steel appropriate for use with a variety of knives.
- Maintains the razor-sharp edge of most standard knife blades (not for use on serrated or scalloped blades).
- Fine-cut and polished surfaces make this tool ideal for honing different types of knives, including those with fine-edge blades (which are ground at a lower angle).
- High-carbon steel resists stains and corrosion.
- Sturdy, lightweight Fibrox handle is textured for a secure, nonslip grip.
- Made in Switzerland by Victorinox, manufacturers of the original Swiss Army knives.
- This NSF-certified tool meets the high-level hygiene standards for commercial kitchens.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 12" blade.
- 5 1/4" handle.
- 12.8 oz.
- Made in Switzerland.
- Use & Care
- Use with straight-edged knives only; not for use with serrated blades.
- Steel length should measure at least as long as the knife being honed.
- Line up the knife with the guide and make a few light strokes on each side of the blade.
- Depending on how often you use your knives, you may wish to hone once a week.
- Should metal filings accumulate on the steel, remove them with a damp cloth.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders recieved by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
To help with holiday gift giving, we are extending our return policy between 10/30/2014 and 12/24/2014. If you or a recipient are not satisfied with a gift purchased during this time, present a gift or original receipt by 1/31/2015.