Forschner by Victorinox Hollow-Ground Butcher's Knife
Preferred by culinary professionals worldwide, this commercial-quality Swiss knife is used primarily for butchering meat into separate cuts. The thicker blade adds heft to provide optimal leverage, while the hollow-ground edge allows the knife to glide effortlessly though all types of meat.
- Mirror-polish high-carbon stainless-steel blade is laser-tested for unrivaled sharpness.
- Wide blade has hollow-ground depressions to reduce friction and minimize sticking.
- Durable, lightweight Fibrox handle is textured for a secure, nonslip grip.
- Made in Switzerland by Victorinox, manufacturers of the original Swiss Army knives.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level hygiene standards for commercial kitchens.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 8" blade.
- 5 1/2" long handle.
- 6 oz.
- Made in Switzerland.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone or frozen food, as the blade can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Use the honing steel only when you feel the knife has lost some of its original sharpness, usually no sooner than six months after its first use. As you continue to use your Global knife, it will require more frequent honing. If you need to hone your knife more than once every two weeks, it is time to have it sharpened.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery