Making tangy, crunchy naturally fermented sauerkraut is a delicious way to make the most of cabbage from your garden or farmers’ market. With our traditional pot, the process is as simple as shredding the fresh cabbage or beets and placing it the crock with a bit of salt. Time and fermentation do the rest, aided by the pot's heavy lid, which rests in a water-filled collar to create an airtight seal.
- Handcrafted in Poland from dense, glazed stoneware for excellent temperature stability, which significantly improves the flavor of the finished food.
- Just add vegetables and salt, top with weights (not included) and cover with lid to start the fermentation process.
- As fermentation begins, naturally occurring carbon dioxide drives the air out of the pot, creating an oxygen-free environment inside.
- Add carrots, onions, caraway seeds, juniper berries or other ingredients to flavor your sauerkraut (recipe not included).
- Also ideal for making kimchi and pickled cucumbers, or for curing olives.
- 8 3/4" x 10 1/4" x 10" high, with lid; 1.3-gal. cap.