Fermentation PotFree Shipping
Making tangy, crunchy naturally fermented sauerkraut is a delicious way to make the most of cabbage from your garden or farmers’ market. With our traditional pot, the process is as simple as shredding the fresh cabbage or beets and placing it the crock with a bit of salt. Time and fermentation do the rest, aided by the pot's heavy lid, which rests in a water-filled collar to create an airtight seal.
- Handcrafted in Poland from dense, glazed stoneware for excellent temperature stability, which significantly improves the flavor of the finished food.
- Just add vegetables and salt, top with weights (not included) and cover with lid to start the fermentation process.
- As fermentation begins, naturally occurring carbon dioxide drives the air out of the pot, creating an oxygen-free environment inside.
- Add carrots, onions, caraway seeds, juniper berries or other ingredients to flavor your sauerkraut (recipe not included).
- Also ideal for making kimchi and pickled cucumbers, or for curing olives.
- 8 3/4" x 10 1/4" x 10" high, with lid; 1.3-gal. cap.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.View Shipping Options and Charges.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. If, within 90 days, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, please return the item for an exchange or refund of the merchandise value. View Full Return Policy.