Farmer D Cedar Cold Frame, 2' x 4'
- Free Shipping
- Online Only
Extend the growing season or get a head start on your spring edibles with this protective cold frame. It provides a comfortable climate during inhospitable winter months, so you can start seeds directly outdoors or continue to grow fall and winter vegetables.
- Sized to fit perfectly on our 2' x 4' Farmer D Raised Bed on legs or directly on the ground.
- Crafted of 1.5”-thick FSC certified, untreated western red cedar that is naturally rot- and insect-resistant.
- Plexiglass lid is slanted to prevent snow, water, and detritus from accumulating on top.
- Provides optimum growing conditions by preventing heat from escaping and sheltering plants from wind.
- Transparent top allows sunlight to enter.
- Top of frame may be raised for ventilation, metal struts allow for easy opening.
- Fully assembled.
- 48 1/4" x 28"; tapers down from 8.75" to 5" high overall; 6-cu.-ft. cap.
- Made following socially responsible, environmentally friendly business practices by a company that helps empower people to grow healthy foods and build sustainable communities.
- Handmade in USA.
- Use & Care
- Cedar will slowly develop a gray patina and last for many years without anymaintenance.
- To extend the life of the wood, treat with linseed or tung oil once a year.
- Paint with non-toxic outdoor paint to extend life and add color.
This item will be shipped directly from the manufacturer and is not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow up to three weeks for delivery.