Organic Planting Mix
Daron Joffe, the founder of Farmer D Organics, is committed to biodynamic farming and earth-friendly practices. His custom planting mix provides ideal drainage, moisture retention and fertility.
- All-natural and organic planting mix ideal for filling raised beds and containers.
- Made using local and sustainable ingredients, including special Biodynamic® ingredients that support the soil’s vitality and the health of the plants that grow in it.
- Custom formula is a balanced blend of peat, compost and aged pine bark.
- Each batch contains a large percentage of Farmer D Organics Biodynamic Blend Compost that is hand turned over a 10- to 12-week maturation period.
- Offers optimal drainage, moisture retention and fertility.
- Rich, living soil; not sterilized.
- 8-qt. bag: 10 lb.
- 25.5-qt. bag: 33 lbs.
- Made in USA.
- Fill containers with planting mix almost to the top of the container, then mix in 1/2–3/4 lb. Farmer D Organic Fertilizer per cubic foot of planting mix.
- Use as a bedding mix by mounding on top of existing soil: pre-mix Farmer D Fertilizer at 1/2–3/4 lb. per cubic foot of Planting Mix. Mound prepared planting mix on top of either tilled or mulched ground 4"–8" deep and plant.
- You can also plant directly in the bag: For deep-rooting crops, open top of bag, mix in a handful of Farmer D Fertilizer, plant and water. For shallow-rooting crops like herbs and lettuce, lay bag flat, cut small slits every 6", mix a pinch of fertilizer into the hole, set seed or plants in the hole, and water.
This item will be shipped directly from the manufacturer and is not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow up to four weeks for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. If, within 90 days, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, please return the item for an exchange or refund of the merchandise value. View Full Return Policy.
- 45% aged pine bark, 30% Farmer D Biodynamic Compost (composted cotton gin waste, composted pine peelings, chicken litter, composted green waste, peat humus, granite dust and biodynamic preparations [processed yarrow, chamomile, nettle, oak bark, dandelion, valerian and horsetail herb]), 15% peat humus, 10% topsoil, 5% sand.