Farmer D Organic Planting Mix
Daron Joffe, the founder of Farmer D Organics, is committed to biodynamic farming and earth-friendly practices. His custom planting mix provides ideal drainage, moisture retention and fertility.
- All-natural and organic planting mix ideal for filling raised beds and containers.
- Made using local and sustainable ingredients, including special Biodynamic® ingredients that support the soil’s vitality and the health of the plants that grow in it.
- Custom formula is a balanced blend of peat, compost and aged pine bark.
- Each batch contains a large percentage of Farmer D Organics Biodynamic Blend Compost that is hand turned over a 10- to 12-week maturation period.
- Offers optimal drainage, moisture retention and fertility.
- Rich, living soil; not sterilized.
- 8-qt. bag: 10 lb.
- 25.5-qt. bag: 33 lbs.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Fill containers with planting mix almost to the top of the container, then mix in 1/2–3/4 lb. Farmer D Organic Fertilizer per cubic foot of planting mix.
- Use as a bedding mix by mounding on top of existing soil: pre-mix Farmer D Fertilizer at 1/2–3/4 lb. per cubic foot of Planting Mix. Mound prepared planting mix on top of either tilled or mulched ground 4"–8" deep and plant.
- You can also plant directly in the bag: For deep-rooting crops, open top of bag, mix in a handful of Farmer D Fertilizer, plant and water. For shallow-rooting crops like herbs and lettuce, lay bag flat, cut small slits every 6", mix a pinch of fertilizer into the hole, set seed or plants in the hole, and water.
- 45% aged pine bark, 30% Farmer D Biodynamic Compost (composted cotton gin waste, composted pine peelings, chicken litter, composted green waste, peat humus, granite dust and biodynamic preparations [processed yarrow, chamomile, nettle, oak bark, dandelion, valerian and horsetail herb]), 15% peat humus, 10% topsoil, 5% sand.
This item will be shipped directly from the manufacturer and is not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow up to four weeks for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams-Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Return Policy.
You May Also Need
Farmer D All-Purpose Organic Fertilizer
- Online Only
- Vendor Shipped