Farmer D Cedar Composter
- Online Only
This well-designed bin makes it easy to create nutrient-rich compost from all your yard clippings and kitchen food scraps. Open bottom and mesh sides allow plenty of air circulation, essential for efficient decomposition. Removable front panels simplify turning the pile and removing the finished compost to your edible garden, where it will increase nutrients, encourage beneficial micro-organisms and improve soil texture and water retention.
- Crafted of FSC-certified sustainable untreated Western Red Cedar that is naturally rot- and insect-resistant.
- Sturdy 1"-thick boards.
- Front has removable cedar panels for easy access to the bin.
- Sides are made from 19-gauge galvanized hardware cloth with 1/2" mesh.
- Bottom is open for maximum contact with soil.
- Hinged lid has a hook-and-eye closure.
- Fully assembled.
- 31" sq., 31"h; 17-cu.-ft. cap.
- Made following socially responsible, environmentally friendly business practices by a company that helps empower people to grow healthy foods and build sustainable communities.
- Handmade in USA.
- Use & Care
- Cedar will naturally develop a gray patina and last for many years without any maintenance.
- To extend the life of the wood, treat with linseed or tung oil once a year.
This item will be shipped directly from the manufacturer and is not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow one to two weeks for delivery.