Farmer D Cedar Bed-on-Legs Kit, 2' x 2'
- Free Shipping
- Online Only
Grow edible plants anywhere with these self-contained beds made of durable cedar. They offer a host of advantages for edible gardening: control over soil conditions for less weeding, less fertilizing, optimal drainage and increased yield. You can also tailor soil conditions for each of your crops. Because it has a bottom, this raised bed on legs is perfect for use on a balcony, deck or other hard surface.
- Elevated design reduces bending over—ideal for gardeners of all ages—and keeps out pets and other animals.
- Bed has a bottom to neatly contain soil; 1/4” gaps allow for drainage.
- Crafted of 2"-thick thick boards of FSC-certified sustainable untreated Western Red Cedar that is naturally rot- and insect-resistant.
- 4” square legs ensure bed is sturdy and stable.
- Assembly required.
- Predrilled for easy assembly; all hardware included.
- 24" high overall; bed depth 10”; 3-cu.-ft. cap.
- Made following socially responsible, environmentally friendly business practices by a company that helps empower people to grow healthy foods and build sustainable communities.
- Handmade in USA.
- Use & Care
- Cedar will slowly develop a grey patina and last for many years without any maintenance.
- To extend the life of the wood, treat with linseed or tung oil once a year.
- Evenly spread out the bed slats approximately 1/4-1/2" apart for draining.
- Soil may sift through the gaps when filling the bed for the first time. Once planted, the soil will not fall out, but the gaps will allow for drainage.
This item will be shipped directly from the manufacturer and is not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow up to three weeks for delivery.