End Grain Counter Edge Chef's Board
Featuring a large size and beautiful end-grain construction, this handcrafted board creates a generous work area for everyday chopping and prep work. The built-in lip fits snugly against the edge of your counter, holding the board steady and making it easy to sweep chopped foods directly into a bowl or pot.
- Handcrafted of North American maple and cherry hardwood.
- End-grain construction adds strength and is gentle on knife blades.
- 2" lip secures the board along the countertop edge.
- Large 20" x 24" cutting surface.
- Each block is made by a family-owned California woodworking company in a three-day process.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- 20" x 24".
- 1" thick overall with 2"-high lip.
- 2 lb.
- Made in USA.
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.