Emile Henry Rectangular Baking Stone
Finished with Emile Henry’s proprietary black Flame glaze, this rectangular ceramic baking stone turns out perfectly crispy crusts and then doubles as a surface for serving. The piece withstands exceptionally high heat, so it can be used in the oven, on the grill and over an open flame—and it’s dishwasher safe.
- Rectangular shape is ideal for flat bread, rolls, family-sized pizzas—even cookies.
- Made of durable Burgundian clay, yet much lighter than standard baking stones.
- Finished with Emile Henry’s proprietary lead-free black Flame glaze, which won’t chip or crack and is safe for cutting on.
- Place over an open grill to cook softer or smaller foods that might otherwise fall through the cracks.
- Micro-crazing in the glaze promotes crispy, well-baked crusts, just like a pizza oven.
- Withstands extremely high temperatures, distributing heat quickly and evenly.
- Integral handles make the stone easy to lift and move.
- Doubles as a cheese board or a trivet.
- Microwavable; broiler, freezer and dishwasher safe.
- 14” x 18” long; 9 lb.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- For use in ovens, grills or over open flame.
- Dishwasher safe.
Next Day Delivery
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
- More about Emile Henry
Emile Henry has been crafting artful kitchen ceramics since 1850, when the French company was founded in a small town in Burgundy. Today, it’s still proudly owned and operated by members of the Henry family. The mineral-rich soils of Burgundy are known for creating wines with unique terroir, but they also yield the special local clays used to craft each piece of Emile Henry cookware and bakeware. The high-fired clay withstands extremely high temperatures while distributing and retaining heat gently and evenly. Artisans hand apply the glazes to create vivid color that looks beautiful in the kitchen and at the table.