Emile Henry Bread Cloche
- Online Only
Re-create the delicious results of brick-oven baking with this Emile Henry cloche. Crafted in France, the ceramic baker absorbs and retains heat evenly while redistributing the steam released by the dough as it cooks. This yields an artisanal round loaf with a tender, moist interior, a light crumb and a chewy, evenly browned crust.
- Crafted of Burgundian clay and finished with a vibrant hand-applied glaze that resists scratching and crazing.
- Designed for proofing and baking in one vessel.
- Turns out one round loaf.
- Can also be used to roast meats, fish and vegetables.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 11 1/4" x 13 1/4" x 7" high overall.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- No need to soak before using.
- Microwaveable; oven, broiler and freezer safe.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Never use abrasive cleaning products or scouring pads.
Next Day Delivery
- More about Emile Henry
Emile Henry has been crafting artful kitchen ceramics since 1850, when the French company was founded in a small town in Burgundy. Today, it’s still proudly owned and operated by members of the Henry family. The mineral-rich soils of Burgundy are known for creating wines with unique terroir, but they also yield the special local clays used to craft each piece of Emile Henry cookware and bakeware. The high-fired clay withstands extremely high temperatures while distributing and retaining heat gently and evenly. Artisans hand apply the glazes to create vivid color that looks beautiful in the kitchen and at the table.