Ed Wohl Bird's Eye Maple Handled Cutting Board
We love this exquisitely crafted wooden board, which can be used as a functional cutting surface as well as an elegant presentation piece. It's hand made by Edward Wohl, an award-winning Wisconsin artist who carefully fashions each board by joining sections from a single piece of bird’s-eye maple.
- As practical as it is beautiful, this handcrafted board is durable enough for everyday food prep, yet gentle on knives edges.
- Doubles as a serving piece for cheeses, cured meats, appetizers and more.
- Each board is crafted by joining sections from a single piece of specially selected, bird's-eye maple, so the wood tone and grain are consistent throughout.
- The wood is precision-shaped and hand-beveled for graceful shape and balance, then hand-sanded and finished to create a perfectly smooth surface.
- Bird's-eye maple is an exotic hardwood, found in only one of every 500 maple trees.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 13 1/2" x 11 3/4".
- 1/2" thick.
- 3 lb.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders reciived by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.