Ed Wohl Bird's Eye Maple Handled Cutting Board
We love this exquisitely crafted wooden board, which can be used as a functional cutting surface as well as an elegant presentation piece. It's hand made by Edward Wohl, an award-winning Wisconsin artist who carefully fashions each board by joining sections from a single piece of bird’s-eye maple.
- As practical as it is beautiful, this handcrafted board is durable enough for everyday food prep, yet gentle on knives edges.
- Doubles as a serving piece for cheeses, cured meats, appetizers and more.
- Each board is crafted by joining sections from a single piece of specially selected, bird's-eye maple, so the wood tone and grain are consistent throughout.
- The wood is precision-shaped and hand-beveled for graceful shape and balance, then hand-sanded and finished to create a perfectly smooth surface.
- Bird's-eye maple is an exotic hardwood, found in only one of every 500 maple trees.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 13 1/2" x 11 3/4".
- 1/2" thick.
- 3 lb.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.