Double R Ranch Co. Bacon-Wrapped Filet Mignon
Pasture-raised and grain-finished, Double R Ranch Co. filet mignon has a robust, meaty flavor and the luxuriant texture that marks a top-quality filet. Each filet is wrapped in a strip of thick-cut bacon cured with natural wood smoke, making these luxurious filets an extra-special addition to the holiday table. For best results, bake until rare (or close to your desired doneness) in the oven, then sear on a hot pan to crisp the bacon and cut edges.
- Four hand-cut 1 1/2"-thick filets, 7 oz. each.
- Shipped frozen.
- Product of USA.
- Use & Care
- The steaks are shipped frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt, refrigerate or freeze to enjoy at a later date. The meats keep refrigerated, up to 4 weeks, unopened, or up to 8 months frozen.
Proper Thawing Technique
- Remove the meat from the freezer and thaw in the refrigerator overnight. To retain more of the natural juices, leave the meat in its original packaging while thawing. It is normal for natural juices to accumulate. Simply pat dry with paper towels before cooking. For best quality, once the filets are thawed, we do not recommend refreezing them.
- Thaw meat fully before cooking. Preheat oven to 300°F. Season meat with salt and pepper. Place bacon-wrapped filet on a wired rack over a rimmed baking sheet. Turning once, bake 15 to 20 minutes for medium rare or 20 to 25 minutes for medium. Meat should come to an internal temperature of 120°–125°F for medium rare, 125°–130°F for medium (meat will continue cooking on stovetop). After removing from oven, place the filet in a cast-iron skillet on the stovetop. Over medium-high heat, quickly sear each side of the steak for 1 to 2 minutes, enough to ensure an even crust and to crisp the bacon. Remove the steak from the skillet and place on a cutting board. Tent with aluminum foil and allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Steak: 100% beef.
- Bacon: Cured with water, salt, sodium phosphates, brown sugar, sodium erythorbate, sodium nitrite flavorings.
To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped via 2-day delivery from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow one to two weeks for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Return Policy.