DIY Mozzarella & Ricotta Cheese Making Kit
- Online Only
Make your own artisan mozzarella and ricotta in less than an hour with our DIY Kit—the only extras you'll need are some basic kitchen equipment and your favorite fresh milk. The mild, creamy flavor and soft, rich texture of your homemade cheese is a far cry from commercial counterparts you'll find at the local store. Enjoy the mozzarella with garden-fresh tomatoes and fresh basil, or use the ricotta as a topping for crostini.
- Uses 1 gallon per batch of whatever milk you prefer—whole or lowfat, conventional or organic.
- Makes eight batches of mozzarella or ricotta, 1 lb. to 1 lb. 8 oz. each.
- All-natural ingredients.
- Step-by-step instructions guide you through the cheese-making process.
- Customize your cheese with herbs, sundried tomatoes, red pepper flakes and other flavorful additions.
- Recipes included.
- .1 oz. vegetarian rennet.
- 3 oz. citric acid .
- 3 oz. cheese salt.
- Cooking thermometer.
- Fine cheesecloth .
- Instruction/recipe book.
- Use & Care
- Cheesecloth must be hand rinsed in cold water immediately after use to remove stuck-on curd (hot water will cook curds to the cloth), then machine wash with an unscented detergent.
- To sterilize cheesecloth, boil in water.
- Hand-wash thermometer; do not submerge.
This item will be shipped directly from the manufacturer and is not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow one to two weeks for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.