de Buyer Quintum™ Sharpening Steel
De Buyer of France developed the Quintum to be the world's most advanced sharpening steel. This single steel offers five distinct stages of sharpening, from complete restoration of dull edges to daily honing. Its innovative diamond-coated technology produces the authentic “microteeth” so essential for a sharp, accurate edge, rather than simply roughening the edge temporarily—so razor-sharp results are longer lasting. The Quintum is easy to use, with accurate angle guides taking the guesswork out of using a sharpening steel.
- Four stages of sharpening/honing, from very coarse complete regrinding of worn edges to very fine honing for everyday maintenance.
- Produces finer bevels and sharper edges than traditional sharpeners.
- Patent-pending diamond-coated cam sharpener built into the handle for complete regrinding of worn blades. Accurate primary bevel of 15 degrees.
- Diamond-coated steel shaft with three different sharpening and honing zones: sharpening (15 degrees), honing (17 degrees) and fine honing (20 degrees).
- Precise angle guides for each zone remove most of human error, greatly improving results.
- Replaces the traditional stone-and-steel sharpening/honing combination with more accurate, faster results.
- More accurate bevels means less "rounding" of the edge, and therefore less resharpening and longer blade life.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams-Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Return Policy.