de Buyer Mineral "B" Fry Pan
De Buyer Mineral cookware is an organic, environmentally responsible choice and a favorite for searing and caramelizing foods. This pan is made of 99% iron with no chemicals or coatings added, simply an organic beeswax finish that aids in seasoning the pan for a naturally stick-resistant surface. With a classic French shape, this fry pan excels for searing, browning and grilling meats as well as cooking eggs and omelettes and sautéing vegetables.
- Made of 99% iron, a natural mineral material.
- Organic beeswax finish—denoted by a “B” in the pan’s center—protects pan against oxidation, helps in the seasoning process and improves nonstick quality.
- With use, the pan darkens and develops a naturally nonstick surface, and the “B” in the center will disappear.
- Allows high-heat searing to seal in food flavors, juices and nutrients.
- Safe for use on all heat sources including induction.
- Triple-riveted steel handle.
- 10" fry pan: 10"diam.; 4 lb.
- 12" fry pan: 12"diam.; 5 3/4 lb.
- Made in France by de Buyer.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for use on any type of cooktop, including induction.
- Oven and broiler safe.
- Hand wash only. Use hot water, and just a few drops of gentle soap if necessary. Do not soak pan.
- Remove any residue with a nonabrasive scouring pad.
- After washing, dry pan and lightly season: Add a few drops of cooking oil to pan and wipe with a paper towel, leaving a thin layer of oil on pan before storing.
- Season pan before first use: Place potato peelings in the pan with about 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil for 15 minutes. Drain the mixture, then rinse the pan. Cover the pan bottom with a coating of frying oil and dry it for a few minutes. Discard oil and wipe the pan with a paper towel.
Next Day Delivery