Dai Sensai, the first knife designed by de Buyer of France, is a fusion of French culinary expertise and Japanese blade artistry. This single-bevel knife is hand forged by master cutlers in Japan (dai sensai means “grand master”) using a special Damascus method, in which a core of super-hard Cobalt steel is clad in multiple layers of stainless steel and nickel alloys, creating a beautiful rippled visual effect. Produced in limited quantities, the sashimi-style blade offers extreme sharpness for super-fine precision slicing.
- Traditional single-bevel Japanese knife is entirely hand made.
- Authentic Damascus steel blade is exceptionally sharp and holds a fine, keen edge.
- Blade is forged from ZA-18 Cobalt steel using a specialized Fukugozai Damascus method, in which a core of super-hard Cobalt steel is clad in multiple layers of stainless steel and nickel alloys.
- Ergonomically shaped handle is made of strong yet lightweight carbon fiber.
- Finger hook allows extra control for filleting.
- For right-handed use only.
- Developed by de Buyer with master knife engineer Mark Henry.
- Forged in Japan; made in France.