Dai Sensai Japanese Knife
- Online Only
Dai Sensai, the first knife designed by de Buyer of France, is a fusion of French culinary expertise and Japanese blade artistry. This single-bevel knife is hand forged by master cutlers in Japan (dai sensai means “grand master”) using a special Damascus method, in which a core of super-hard Cobalt steel is clad in multiple layers of stainless steel and nickel alloys, creating a beautiful rippled visual effect. Produced in limited quantities, the sashimi-style blade offers extreme sharpness for super-fine precision slicing.
- Traditional single-bevel Japanese knife is entirely hand made.
- Authentic Damascus steel blade is exceptionally sharp and holds a fine, keen edge.
- Blade is forged from ZA-18 Cobalt steel using a specialized Fukugozai Damascus method, in which a core of super-hard Cobalt steel is clad in multiple layers of stainless steel and nickel alloys.
- Ergonomically shaped handle is made of strong yet lightweight carbon fiber.
- Finger hook allows extra control for filleting.
- For right-handed use only.
- Developed by de Buyer with master knife engineer Mark Henry.
- Forged in Japan; made in France.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 11" blade.
- 5" handle.
- 12.75 oz.
- Use & Care
- Hand wash only.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone, or have it sharpened by a professional.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. If, within 30 days, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, please return the item for an exchange or refund of the merchandise value. View Full Return Policy.