Cuisinart 12-Cup Extreme Brew Coffee Maker with Glass Carafe
- Special Offer
Cuisinart gets your morning off to a brisk start with a programmable coffeemaker that brews up to 25% faster than most coffee machines. This new level of speed plus adjustable strength settings ensure you’ll get your morning coffee when and how you like it.
- Completely automatic operation with 24-hour programmability.
- Equipped with Extreme Brew Technology, a re-engineered brewing process that lets you enjoy hot, fresh coffee up to 25% faster than most coffee machines.
- A 1- to 4-cup setting maximizes flavors for smaller batches.
- Showerhead evenly distributes water over grounds, reducing temperature loss.
- Charcoal water filter removes impurities and ensures fresh-tasting coffee.
- A variable control on the heater plate keeps coffee at your desired serving temperature.
- Use the Brew Pause feature to sneak a quick cup before the brew cycle has finished.
- Two settings let you adjust coffee strength to your preference.
- Glass carafe holds up to 12 cups (60 fl.oz).
- Audible alert signals when brew cycle is complete.
- Dimensions & More Info
- ABS plastic housing with glass carafe.
- 8" x 9" x 15 1/2" high.
- Reservoir capacity: 60 fl. oz.
- 7 lb. 14 oz
- This product is intended for use in the United States and Canada and is built to United States electrical standards.
- Made in China.
- Use & Care
- Replace water filter every 60 days or 60 uses.
- Removable parts are dishwasher safe.
- Wipe base clean with a damp cloth.
- When time-to-clean indicator light appears, decalcify coffeemaker with a mixture of 1 part vinegar to 2 parts water.
Next Day Delivery
- Asparagus with Orange Hollandaise Sauce
To make the sauce, place the egg yolks and 2 Tbs. of the orange juice in a heatproof bowl or the top pan of a double boiler. Set the bowl or pan over but not touching hot or barely simmering water in a saucepan or the bottom pan of the double boiler. Whisk continuously until warm and just beginning to thicken, about 1 minute. Add the butter 1 slice at a time, whisking until fully absorbed before adding more. When all of the butter is absorbed, continue to whisk until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Do not overcook.
Remove the bowl or pan from the pan of hot water, and season the sauce with salt and pepper. If the sauce is too thick, stir in as much of the remaining 1 Tbs. orange juice as needed to thin to the desired consistency. You should have about 3/4 cup sauce. Remove the bottom pan from the heat and let the water cool slightly. Then set the bowl or pan with the sauce over the warm water and cover loosely with a paper towel to prevent a skin from forming.
Cut or break off the tough white ends from the asparagus spears. Trim all the spears to the same length. If the spears are large, use a vegetable peeler to peel away the tough skin, starting 2 inches below the tip.
Pour water into an asparagus steamer, add the 2 tsp. salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Place the spears, tips up, in the basket and steam just until tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
Remove the asparagus from the steamer and divide among 4 warmed plates, arranging the spears in a row. Spoon the warm hollandaise sauce in a wide stripe across the middle of the asparagus. Using a zester or fine-holed shredder, and holding the orange over each serving, shred a little zest from the orange peel directly over the hollandaise on each serving. Serve immediately. Get the full asparagus with orange hollandaise sauce recipe.