Drawn from a Dutch natural history volume published in 1838, these illustrations depict sea birds with equal parts artistic mastery and scientific detail. Our reproductions capture the beauty of the original copperplate engravings, including the soft sepia tone and deckled edges of the antique paper. Floated against linen-textured mats in frames with a brushed silver finish.
- 27 3/4"W x 33 3/4"H overall.
- Reproductions of copperplate engravings by French artists Jean-Gabriel Pretre and Nicolas Huet, published in Nouveau Recueil de Planches Colonees d'Oiseaux, circa 1838.
- Carefully reproduced via glicee printing on archival paper.
- Floated against linen-textured paper mats.
- Mounted behind glass in pine frames with a brushed-silver finish.
- Ready to hang, with wire at the back.