Copper Long Handle Spade
Long-Handle SpadeMonogrammable Free Shipping Internet Only
This spade is handcrafted by Austrian coppersmiths, who forge each heirloom-quality tool from tin bronze - a hardwearing, rust resistant copper alloy that contains 94% copper. The gleaming head is honed to a sharp edge that slides easily into soil and slices through hardened earth. As it contacts soil, the blade deposits minute amounts of copper that promote water absorption and help to repel slugs and snails.
- Crafted for enduring quality, with honed edges that retain their sharpness.
- Hand forged to premium hardness, then polished to a high shine and left unsealed.
- Rust-resistant metal ages naturally to an attractive bronze patina.
- Small footrests at the top of the blade allow good leverage.
- Steam-bent solid ash shaft is sanded and left unsealed; topped with a solid beech T-handle.
- Shaft can be personalized.
- Copper and brass fittings.
- As with any handcrafted item, subtle imperfections, textures and irregularities are to be expected, and are part of the unique beauty of each piece.
- 9 1/2" x 6" head, 45" long overall; 3.3 lb.
- Made in Austria and Hungary.
- Bronze retains its color best when used frequently. Less-frequent use will encourage a verdigris patina to develop.
- To clean, simply rinse with clear water; dry thoroughly.
- The edge can be sharpened periodically with a whetstone, file or by peening (hammering against a steel anvil).
- Condition handle with linseed oil or beeswax, if desired.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.View Shipping Options and Charges.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. If, within 90 days, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, please return the item for an exchange or refund of the merchandise value. View Full Return Policy.