Copper Hand Trowel
This general-purpose hand castor trowel is handcrafted by Austrian coppersmiths, who forge each heirloom-quality tool from tin bronze - a hardwearing, rust resistant copper alloy that contains 94% copper. The curved, pointed blade is honed to a sharp edge that slides into soil with ease. As it contacts soil, the blade deposits minute amounts of copper that promote water absorption and help to repel slugs and snails.
- Crafted for enduring quality, with honed edges that retain their sharpness.
- Blade is hand forged to premium hardness, then polished to a high shine and left unsealed.
- Long-lasting sharp edges.
- Rust-resistant metal ages naturally to an attractive bronze patina.
- Turned solid beech handle is finished with linseed oil.
- Handle can be personalized.
- Copper and brass fittings.
- As with any handcrafted item, subtle imperfections, textures and irregularities are to be expected, and are part of the unique beauty of each piece.
- 3 1/4" wide, 12" long; 8 oz.
- Made in Austria and Hungary.
- Use & Care
- Bronze retains its color best when used frequently. Less-frequent use will encourage a verdigris patina to develop.
- To clean, simply rinse with clear water; dry thoroughly.
- The edge can be sharpened periodically with a whetstone or file or by peening (hammering against a steel anvil).
- Condition handle with linseed oil or beeswax, if desired.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
Next Day Delivery
Orders reciived by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
Also in this Collection
Copper Long Handle Spade
- Online Only