Consigli Olivewood Boning Knife
Boning KnifeInternet Only
The town of Scarperia has been a center of knife-making since the 18th century. Consigli has maintained the traditional, artisanal methods of oil tempering and quenching their blades to produce the finest knives.
- Narrow blade curves inward for maximum control when removing meat and poultry from the bone.
- Stainless steel blades with triple-riveted olivewood handles.
- Full tang and bolster forged using artisanal methods.
- Olivewood handle is dried and oiled for maximum durability.
- 6" blade.
- Made in Italy.
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Clean blade with damp cloth, dry carefully, and cover in a very thin layer of oil.
- Avoid getting the handle wet. Treat periodically with a soft cloth soaked with olive oil or beeswax.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or consult a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.