Chocolate-Chocolate Croissants, Set of 15
- Online Only
Our chocolate croissants are hand made in the traditional French style, using the award-winning puff pastry of master pastry chef Jean-Yves Charon and a filling of the finest Belgian Callebaut chocolate. Simply let the croissants rise overnight, then bake. The croissants emerge from the oven with flaky, golden-brown exteriors, buttery interiors and an irresistible aroma—a sweet and easy way to bring a taste of France to the breakfast table.
- 15 chocolate croissants; 2 lb. 13 oz. total.
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in USA.
- A Williams Sonoma exclusive.
- Use & Care
- The croissants were shipped frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands. Freeze the croissants upon receipt. They will keep up to one month frozen. Keep frozen until ready to use.
- Place the frozen croissants, rounded side up, on a nonstick or parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover loosely with a sheet of parchment paper. Let rise at room temperature (68° to 72°F) for about 9 hours or overnight. Each croissant should measure about 3 1/2” wide and 2 1/2” high.
- Preheat an oven to 375°F. Remove the top parchment paper. If desired, lightly beat 1 egg with 1 Tbs. cold water and, using a pastry brush, brush the croissants with the egg wash. Bake the croissants until the pastry is flaky and cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Enriched flour (wheat flour, niacin, iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid, enzyme, ascorbic acid [dough conditioner]), butter, water, semisweet chocolate (sugar, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, soy lecithin, whole milk powder, natural vanilla extract), sugar, cocoa powder, yeast, salt, dough conditioner blend (wheat flour, malted barley flour, ascorbic acid [dough conditioner], enzymes).
Please allow up to two weeks for processing and delivery of perishable items, which are shipped two-day delivery to ensure freshness. Perishable items are not eligible for rush shipping.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Return Policy.
Rated 3 out of 5 by daffodil from Just OK These are pretty good but a little greasy. Purchased them on sale and don't know if I would purchase them again. Even on sale they are still expensiveDate published: 2017-03-11Rated 4 out of 5 by Breezycooking from Delicious!! Just received these yesterday, set out 2 to rise overnight, & enjoyed them for breakfast this morning. Rose beautifully, & baked up flaky & warm in 16 minutes (don't understand those reviewers who claim not to be able to tell when they're done just because the chocolate pastry is "dark" - just a light tap on the pastry top tells you everything you need to know). Anyway - flaky & delicious with just the right amount of chocolate "pop". My only adverse comment would be that I find them just a tiny bit too sweet for breakfast - would prefer them for an afternoon snack or evening dessert. But that's just personal preference.Date published: 2017-01-20Rated 2 out of 5 by nothanx from choc-choc croissants I received these as a gift. It's the thought that counts, right? I would never buy these for myself. I set two out to rise overnight and based on previous reviews was surprised and excited when I saw them in the morning having risen like the picture. Preferring not to run the big oven for just two, I put them in my toaster oven. Big mistake...........one caught fire after just a few minutes! My fault, I know! Put the other one in the oven but had a really hard time telling when it was done because they are already brown; so I overcooked it slightly. It was edible but not that great. They are probably good when cooked right. Not nutritious at all!Date published: 2016-12-31Rated 5 out of 5 by srugrad from Holiday Morning Treat We started a holiday tradition, a few years ago, of buying the regular Chocolate Croissants for Christmas morning. These are good too! Flakey and buttery. The directions couldn't be simpler and they taste similar to the ones we've had in Paris. Be sure to bake and eat them before the expiration date. They will taste fine, but may not fully rise if in the freezer longer than recommended.Date published: 2016-01-11Rated 5 out of 5 by 4164 from Choc choc croissants Delicious, but should not be reheated in a microwave.Date published: 2015-09-07Rated 2 out of 5 by CCA7 from Disappointed I ordered these over the Christmas holiday and waited until now to decide whether or not I wanted to make comments and decided to do so. For the first time these arrived FREEZER BURNED. I was so disappointed...tried to let a few rise and bake them anyway and they did not rise and were impossible to eat so I trashed all of them. Hoping this was just a bad batch but don't know when I'll try to order another batch.Date published: 2015-03-31Rated 5 out of 5 by Sitges from Simply Delicious!!! These croissants are very easy to prepare, when you take them out of the oven they smell divine, they are light, flaky and they have a great chocolate flavor. They did not disappoint....they are simply delicious!Date published: 2015-03-09Rated 1 out of 5 by PSME from Unusable product they did not rise and were not edible. They were at the end of their use by date, but still they should have risen and been delicious. A waste of time and money.Date published: 2014-12-27