In its traditional form, chili verde is a hearty, vibrantly flavored pork stew that incorporates tart tomatillos, spicy peppers, onions and other fresh ingredients. Our Mexican-style Chili Verde Starter is as close to the real thing as you can get – and couldn't be easier to use.
- A tangy, spicy blend for making Mexican-style chili verde.
- Slow-cooked with traditional chili verde ingredients – roasted tomatillos and jalapeno peppers – plus pieces of nopale, or prickly pear cactus.
- The tart-spicy flavors are balanced by a savory blend of fresh garlic, onion, cilantro and Mexican epazote, an herb with a flavor akin to anise, used as a traditional seasoning.
- Just add pieces of browned pork or chicken and simmer to create a Mexican-style stew.
- For a mouthwatering summertime dish, use the starter as a sauce over grilled shrimp.
- It’s also delicious as a topping for burritos and enchiladas.
- 30 oz.
- Made in USA.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.